Wednesday, May 8, 2013

True Love

I just wanted the record to show that Derek is very seriously the best husband ever.  He has been surprisingly and spectacularly supportive during this pregnancy so far. I say 'surprisingly' not because he hasn't been great in the past but because this is my THIRD pregnancy! I figure I'd tapped out my resources and been given all the love and support there was already. And really, I think he's been even sweeter this time around. Maybe he's like a good wine (we'll say 'cheese' to keep things G-rated); he only gets better with age. Who knew better was possible?

He has been especially sweet about taking care of the kids after school-- doing homework with James, making dinner, and letting me rest for a couple of hours while all this goes down. It's been phenomenally touching and very much needed and appreciated. I cannot imagine doing this without him. Or life, for that matter. He's kind of my big deal. 

I've been totally off my game today--tipsy, flabbergasted, etc.-- so this all might sound rambly and ridiculous, but it's 100% true. Derek is amazing. He really, truly is. I am so, so grateful he is mine.



PS. Nurse's Consult was today. I took Jolie with me. Everything went well and was quite enjoyable, really. I'm excited. It's starting to get real.

145

No comments:

Post a Comment