Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh Happy Day

Today was a great day. It could be the sex talking (not gender this time, folks!), but I think it was good all around. Let's see...

First, I haven't spotted or hurt except that one afternoon. I think that means we're in the clear.

Second, I did more dejunking and de-cluttering. Man, that feels good! It's amazing how much junk one can amass out of sentimentality and laziness (far too often, I think I'll just "set it aside for now"). This premature nesting is kind of fantastic!

Third, it was a sunny and beautiful day. After James got back from school, the kids and I took a walk to the mail box. Well, they rode bikes, which made it quite a leisurely stroll for me and quite a repetitive ride for James. (Jolie is crazy slow on her bike. She says going fast makes her too tired. She's such a damsel, lol... And this super slow pace means James had to backtrack like a hundred times; I don't like him to be out of my sight or too far ahead.) Still, it was pleasant. And perfectly breezy and warm.

Then I got a super sweet nap. Ahh. I haven't been taking those, and man am I missing out! Zzzz

And I worked, which I love. I hate missing out on the party at home, but I very genuinely love my job! I love the people I work with, the amazing students I teach, the accomplishment I feel after a good night's work, all of it. I seriously scored when I landed this gig.

Oooh! And I bought some homemade tamales from the dude who sells them out of his van! (Sounds shady, tastes amazing.) I bought six. I ate two tonight. :)

And then I got to hang out with my bestie... who also happens to be my husband. ((Heart Emoticon)) Love him.

Now it's bedtime. Not too bad of a day, eh? I just smooched my sweet babies goodnight. And tomorrow the sweet baby in my tum-tum will be six weeks 'old!' Or negative 32 weeks old! :) Hooray for a strong, healthy, growing and developing baby! Love my babes.

Life is good. Let's hope I don't forget.

xo

1 comment: