Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cravings

I told Derek today, "If cravings are any indication, we're totally having a boy." And he replied, "Yeah.  I've thought of that already."

When I was pregnant with James, I craved veggies, salads, and pickles (picked okra especially).  With Jolie, I craved refried beans and corn dogs.  With this baby (so far), it's been things like: Hapi Wasabi Peas, Claussen Pickles and fresh produce.  Sweet things and fried things as a general rule sound disgusting and/or make me feel ill.  I have, however, had a major hankering for some A&W french fries... so maybe my theory is flawed.  I suppose time will tell.  I very genuinely will be thrilled with either gender.  I do, however, have a gut feeling that it's a girl (not that my intuition is anything to be trusted...).  Maybe the cravings mean she's a tomboy! ;)

That's all.  Random as always.  Over and out.

PS.  Derek just brought me some A&W fries on his way back from mowing his mom's yard.  And Ho-Ly-Cow!  My mouth has not been this happy for DAYS!  Mmm.  And by the way, their fry sauce is where it's AT.  I'm sorry, non-Utahns.  You are severely missing out.

PPS. ((Next Day)) So much for the fresh veggies. We were all outside playing this evening, and my friend (and next-door neighbor) Shaughnessy was eating lasagna that smelled soooo good. I told her that, meaning to compliment, and somehow I ended up with the pan of it at my house for dinner! Crazy, totally unnessessary, but outrageously delicious! It absolutely Hit. The. Spot. And it nearly made me cry, it was so sweet. Love that girl. We seriously can never move. 

Anyway, lasagna. Mmm. And then, later, I was desperately craving some McDonald's chicken nuggets and fries! I didn't get any after all (neither Derek nor I wanted to leave the house, and/so I was pacified with BBQ potato chips), but MAN they sounded good. I'm going to get so fat. :| 

No comments:

Post a Comment