Monday, May 20, 2013

The Pitter Patter of a Teeny Heart

I had my first ultrasound today. I was so anxious about it. (I've been particularly anxious this pregnancy, though.) I was also super excited.

The appointment was at 3:15pm. Jolie was sleeping, and I picked James up a few minutes early from school. Derek even came home a teeny bit early from work. And all was well; we were on our way. (Aubrey watched our kids.)

The appointment was good. Easy going. Reassuring. We got to see our bitty baby! The sweet little thing didn't do much, must have been sleeping. :) But the heartbeat was good and strong (181), and it was measuring perfectly to date. It was fun to see the teeny heart pumping. And my gosh- it was so reassuring to see that everything was going well and according to schedule. ((Deep breath))

Dr. F was good and patient. He just made himself comfortable, answered any questions I had (I'd made a list), and didn't seem to be in any sort of a rush. That was nice. He even asked to see a picture of our kids. :) Great doctor. It's nice to have him back.

When we got home, we brought the kids inside and sat them on the coffee table. I told them we had something special to tell them. I said, "I just went to the doctor, and you know what they found? They found a tiny little baby in my tummy!!" 

James was the first to react. His face lit up as he processed it, and he said, "For real?! You're pregnant?!" He was really excited. "You've gotta tell Kona!" was his next remark. Haha. Funny boy.  Jolie was slower to process it. She got a happy face, got up, and gave my tummy a sweet little pat-pat. :) Then they went back outside to play, and we immediately heard: "Our have a BABY in my mommy's tummy!" and "Kona! Guess what?! My mom has a baby in her tummy!" as loud as our less-than-quiet kids could shout it. :) I guess we're telling people.

It's been adorable seeing their reactions. We went out for Indian food (mmm) as a family to celebrate, and Jolie was telling anyone who would listen! She kept talking about the baby in my tummy- how  the baby was happy that we were eating yummy food, how the baby was happy that she was happy. :) And James kept saying how excited he is for Christmas to come. So, so sweet.

And let me just add: the baby totally WAS happy about that Indian food. Lamb Tikka Masala with Garlic Naan? Mmm...

And now, after such an anticipation-filled day and a tummy full of delicious food, I am sleepy! ((Yawn)) Is it bedtime yet? :)

What a wonderful day. 




147

No comments:

Post a Comment