Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Surprise Somersauts

I felt the baby move tonight! 

I was playing World of Warcraft with Derek, and I was using the laptop- which meant I was kind of slouched down on the bed. I kept telling him that that position, laying back like that, put the baby on an organ or something. For some reason it made me feel like I couldn't breathe...no, more like my heart was racing. 

This thought/convo made me perk up, because that was exactly how I described it the first time I felt James move. So I was curious. I closed my eyes, and I just relaxed and focused on feeling. And sure enough! While it was certainly not the kind of movement that I could feel from the outside, there was definite fluttering that I could feel from the inside!! 

:) Hi, baby!!

It felt like little flutters but also like little flip-flip-flips, like the baby was doing somersaults! 

What a happy, special milestone! I hadn't expected it this soon, and the surprise made it all the more exciting! Oh happy day!

1 comment: