Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy 8 Years to Us!

I just had the best weekend ever! No joke. Our (8 yr!) anniversary was on Tuesday, but I had to work, etc, so we celebrated it this weekend instead. 

The kids slept over at their cousins' house (thank you, Shawn & Mindy!), and Derek and I had the whole evening/night/morning to ourselves! 

First, Derek took me shopping- I really wanted/needed a new outfit that fit mypregnant  body and made me feel beautiful. We were successful. 

Then we ate dinner at an amazing little local Italian ristorante (Le Nonne) and spent a good 2-3 hours eating and relaxing al fresco. It was romantic and peaceful and wonderful. 

After dinner, we drove around and looked at old, historical houses in the area (looove that) and dreamed. Then we switched gears a bit and hit up a 3D showing of Star Trek: Into Darkness. So fun! Great flick. And finally, around midnight, we came home. 

This morning, we slept in til 11. Uninterrupted sleep... so nice. Then when we had our precious babies back, we all went out for brunch at an awesome local brunch place (Herm's Inn). We'd never been there but had heard lots of great things about it. And they did not disappoint. Delicious food in a spectacular environment. I very seriously want to design my someday house to copy! Industrial chic eclectic. perfection. 

And as for our sweet children: well. It was so sweet to be reunited; you'd think we'd been apart for weeks. There was lots of snuggling involved between bites. :) I had so much fun with Derek, having time as just the two of us. But dang, I missed my babies! It melted my heart to realize the feeling was mutual. 

Amazing weekend, right?! Sooo much happiness in just a few days! And now it's naptime. Sacred naptime. :) My gosh, my life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment