Saturday, June 22, 2013

What the what?!!

Holy moly! Give a girl a panic attack!! This morning I was lying in bed (on my back, with a full bladder I think- as i hadn't officially gotten up), and felt my uterus ball up all hard. It was kind of cool, really, as I could tell exactly how big it is and its location- neither of which I'd really known before. I thought nothing of it and went about my day.

But then it happened again, and again. Tonight I was bathing the kids (a super quick bath), and when I got up I felt strange. I sat in the kids' rocking chair and took a few deep breaths. Then I noticed that my uterus was all hard and contracted again. I told Derek about it and said that he should get started (Pirate Party!) with the kids; I needed to rock my baby for a minute. :) Nothing scary, really, just needing a breather.

But then tonight (well, it's about 1:30 now) I felt it again! But this time it kind of hurt in my cervix region. And that terrified me. I was praying at the time, which worked out, as I just started praying even more fervently- asking God to keep this baby in me, to help my body relax and be a good and safe home for him/her, and (as always) to continue to bless this sweet baby to grow and develop so that he/she might be physically and mentally developed and strong. Oh, baby... Please stay in and be strong! I don't want you out until December!

I did a quick google search and found that Braxton Hocks contractions CAN happen this early (and sound quite a but like what I'm experiencing). Note: I'm now thirteen weeks. Most people just don't notice them until much later. Phew!

Now to relax... And convince my widdo baby that CANDY, not babies, should be in the hard ball stage! :)

3 comments:

  1. That happened ALL the time with my first. From very early on and it was my first so everyone, and myself, thought I was crazy. But nope, same thing happened. I never dilated so it was all good. Laying on your left side, drinking tons of water HELPS. Anyways, you are not alone. Scared the crap out of me too. Didn't happen with my second, but I had crap load of other issues with both so ya... no more babies for us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this same thing happen to me two days ago! I figure that since I'm an old pro at this whole pregnancy thing now, I just notice it because I know what it feels like. lol

    ReplyDelete