Saturday, November 2, 2013

Burrowing

So sometimes I feel this burning, intense pain down kinda where my ovaries at least were, off to the side a bit and way down low (underbelly area). I figured my little one was burrowing, and owie- it hurt. 

Well it happened again just now, so I laid down. I was rubbing the area, trying to help it stop. And I felt this rock hard mass. I wondered if I had some sort of growth, or some super solid poop (ew, sorry). There's no way it was her; it was too far down there. So I started pressing on it, hard. And my baby started squirming, and the mass moved! It was her head!! 

My babies have never wedged down there that far! They float free until labor! I was kind of in awe, really. Her pretty little head! Suddenly I could place her, could tell how she was arranged and where her feeties and such were. It was kind of magical.

But then I felt really guilty. What if I had hurt her?! I hadn't wanted to hurt her! I could cry. I mean, it wasn't THAT hard, but it was obviously hard enough to make her move! :( 

I texted Dena and Tori, and they helped set my heart at ease. Apparently Tori's doc grabs Cameron's head hard all the time to see where he is exactly, how far down. But still- sorry, baby.

Anyway, I need to shower and get ready for the day, but I wanted to post about it real quick. We've had a lazy Saturday thus far... sleeping in, eating cinnamon rolls, mmm. But I think we're going to take the kids to Home Depot to do a fun craft and then to Grandma Julie's to rake up and play in leaves. :) I think it will be a good day. So... Better jet!

Chao!

And seriously, sweet baby. I'm sorry if I hurt you at all. 

2 comments:

  1. Babies are resilient little things and while they're super fragile, they're also tougher than you think! I'm sure you didn't cause any harm at all. Just be thanking your stars she's already getting used to that position. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My midwives grab onto my baby's head (and her bum) all the time. They're super protected in there... don't worry! :)

    ReplyDelete