Friday, November 8, 2013

A Perfect Fall Day











Saturday, November 2nd, was seriously the most PERFECT fall day!  The kids woke up and just played in their room while Derek and I slept/snuggled in bed for a while.  Perfect.  Then we ate some delicious cinnamon rolls and orange rolls... and by some, I mean a whole lot.  Yummy.  Then we all got ready and headed out to Home Depot for a kids' craft event.  The kids built their very own ships, and they had so much fun doing it!  We also picked up a few items for the baby's room (screws for the cabinet pulls, a wooden rod for the inside of the wardrobe, etc). After that, we went up to Julie's house to help Daddy take care of Grandma's yard.  We had a picnic lunch first, and then we dove in-- literally, to the heaping piles of leaves!  It was so fun to spend some quality family time together- working and playing simultaneously.  The job took us a lot longer as a team than it likely would have had Derek tackled it himself, but I think he felt much less picked on to have company and help- however helpful we were.  And it really was fun for all of us.  Derek even had James help him with some "man stuff," which made James feel super proud.  My gosh, I love my family!  And I love perfectly crisp, sunny, crunchy, lovely fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment