Monday, April 29, 2013

Let's Talk About Sex

As in gender, of course. Meh, who am I kidding? We can talk about that other kind too if you want. ;)

Aaaaaanyway... I have asked Derek several times what he would guess: if we're having a boy or a girl, and he tends to guess girl. Me too. Not for any good reason. Not even due to intuition. It's just a guess, a shot in the dark. A 50/50 shot at being right. Maybe because we've had a baby girl most recently? Maybe because Jolie talks about our "baby in heaven" as a she? I don't know.

But tonight we made these "Apple Fritter" things, a batter-and-fry-apple-slices recipe I found recently on Pinterest. Carny food, powdered sugar on top. Delicious, but absolutely NOT what the doctor ordered! I feel super nauseous and gross now. Bleh.

A.

Now B.

When I was first pregnant with James, I could not stomach sweet or heavy things. I wanted salads and pickles (and lots of pickled okra). With Jolie, I wanted refrained beans and corn dogs and carny food in general. And while I'm fully aware of the non-scientific nature of this conclusion, I somehow put A and B together.

So carny food = bleh, and crisp pickles = mmm? And boy = pickle (etc) cravings? Could we be having a boy??

I suppose only time will tell. I will be so happy no matter the kid's gender! I mean, I quite love the two varieties I have now!

I want a healthy, strong, happy baby. Of either sex. Or even one of each! :)

1 comment: