Sunday, April 28, 2013

Achy (Not Breaky) Womb

Today was a super productive day! We ditched church (the kids and I; Derek went for Priesthood and taught the lesson), but I was productive from about 9am on.

You see, I've been thinking about all the stuff we have jammed into the "Craft Room" and how in the world we're going to transform the space into an inviting nursery. (Quite honestly, the whole idea thrills me, as interior decor stuff is totally fun-- seriously, the stuff of daydreams. But it pains me to part with my craft center, and I'm pretty certain that's going to have to happen.)

Anyway, I was up all night perusing Pinterest for ideas. (Which resulted in a late-night text from a suspicious Jon... I think I threw him off the scent, but I'm not sure.) And this morning, I decided that some major dejunking and organizing was in order.

I was able to organize and condense the huge tub of pictures from my childhood (mostly high school). Woohoo! That's been on my to-do list for what, 12 years? And Derek and I sorted through snow clothes and got those all in one place. And I have somewhat organized baby toys (which were in the closet to start with but were just squeezed in here and there and in no way condensed). And more! I'm so proud of myself. :)

But I've decided to take it down a notch and put my feet up a bit. Not like I was doing anything super labor intensive or anything, but I think I should rest a bit. My womb ("How many times do I have to hear the word WOMB today?!") has been a titch crampy and achy. Nothing I'm worried about at all, but still - a reminder that I should let my body take it easy. And I'm getting quite nauseous (heart burny, really). So yes. I'll chill.

Nothing sounded good for dinner, so I proposed Cheerios. It was well-received, but I didn't feel up to eating when it was grub time. So I kept cleaning. Now, though, that the kidlets are down and I'm sitting and trying to relax, I heated up a couple of hot dogs (plain, no bun) and followed those up with a Popsicle. Haha. Poor, nutrient-deprived baby. :|

Tomorrow, I'll need to think of something to make that's packed with veggies! :) Still, though... Hooray for productive days (and flexible, non-breaky wombs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment