Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hungry

I had a dream the other day (nap time on Friday? Saturday?) that I gave birth to twins, two precious little girls. It didn't feel like a premonition, just another of my crazy and detailed dreams, but my goodness it made me baby hungry!

I had discovered a website called The Sceptical Mother the night before and spent hours perusing pictures of babies, info on water births, articles on breast feeding, etc. Needless to say, I totally asked for it.

The dream was funny (not funny-haha as much as funny-hm). Rachel Shaw (D's cousin in law, whom we haven't seen in years- random) was for some reason showing us how she removed her amniotic sac on her own. (?!) And I was big and pregnant and for some reason was in the other room sitting on a pile of blankets and thought, "I should give that a try!" Anyway, somehow this attempt resulted in labor - and I had one little girl shoot (!) out of me onto the floor, and then the other little girl slid out waterside style after her. Holy smokes, right?! I panicked (rightly so) and called Mom and Derek in from the other room saying something like, "Um! I think I need some help in here!" :) The babies were cleaned up and cords cut. Everything was fine. (**Do not try this at home! Lol)

I remember trying to keep track of which baby was born first, and when. Even in my dreams, I'm anal like that. The girls were fraternal twins, but they looked quite similar. Pale skin, dark hair (though- again, realistically- neither had much hair really... an average amount, I guess). But one had brown eyes, and one had blue. The one with the brown eyes was born first, though I only got a quick glimpse of her eyes before she shut them and fell asleep. I know, crazy detailed.

I remember that I was overwhelmed by the idea of twins (how to house them, mostly), but oh how I loved them! We named one Cora and the other June (ha, so creative, Bec! -- Cora June is a name possibility if we ever have another girl). I can't remember for sure who was whom, but I think the brown eyed beauty was Cora.  They were so tiny and so precious! I genuinely realize that my dreams are bogus, but mmm- how I loved them.

So now... I'm pinterest-ing baby stuff left and right. And I'm tossing my December Baby hang up out the window. As soon as a widdo baby (or babies!) wants to come, I'm ready. Hotel Becca's Bump is officially open for service! :) Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment