Friday, December 6, 2013

Turn to the side and cough.


I had my 37-week appointment today. One more, and I'm done!! I had skipped my 36-week one, FYI, because the appointment would have fallen on Thanksgiving break, and I thought it was stupid to squeeze it in a couple of days before this one. So we sacked it and just started in at 37-weeks.

Because I'd missed my 36-week appointment, this was my first time being checked for dilation etc. And I had to have a strep B swab done. Besides the discomfort of laying on my back, the checking and swabbing were no big deal. Not really painful except when he had to sort of dig for my cervix. It's shy; it hides (or rather it's way-the-crap up there and at a 90 degree angle).

Anyway, here are the stats: I weighed in at 173.2, a couple of pounds more than last time, perfect. My blood pressure was 113/68, which is apparently good. Her heart rate was 155, which felt really fast to me but is about what it's always been. And I'm only measuring 37-38 weeks, so not as extra-big as I've been in the past. Kind of right on, actually. Maybe she won't be huge after all.

And now the exciting part: I'm dilated to 3 cm and am 80% effaced, and she's at a -2 station. Yay! That's progress, people!! That's as far along as I've ever been on my own. It's exactly where I was when I went in to be induced, actually, if I remember right! Throw some pitocin my way, and I could have this baby tonight! And I still have two weeks to go... Kind of cool. 

Cool and also exhausting. Turns out having your cervix harassed and then walking the mall and then having a melt-down (more on that later) makes for an exhausting evening. It's only just 9pm, and I've dozed off at least 6 times just trying to type this! Yeesh. Maybe I'll 'rest my eyelids' for a bit, as Grandma Bunny would say. Yes. Yes, I'll try that.

Zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment