Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thirty Weeks


didn't get a posed-in-front-of-a-mirror belly shot for this week, but I did get this shot of James and I at the pumpkin place. There's a little pumpkin market thing (articulate; I know) close to our house where a local family sells pumpkins. They've made it kind of fun and have a little hay maze for little kids, a slide in the hay, and this year- a fun marry-go-round-esque ride made from farm equipment. It was lots of fun, and perfectly small scale for our little ones. We enjoyed taking them and picking out our very favorite pumpkins to take home. 

That was on Friday, when I officially became 30-weeks pregnant. On Monday I had my 30-week appointment with Dr. F.  Here are a few quick facts from my appointment: 

10/21/13
30 weeks
169lbs
116/60 blood pressure
150s heart rate (average)

I'll also include a little recording of our sweet babe's beautiful, beating heart.


And lastly, some pregnant lady ramblings... Ahem, whinings.

I can no longer eat crazy portions of food. The bottomless pit is officially filled. This is fine, and probably good (being ravenously hungry all the time gets old), but it happened quite suddenly and caught me by surprise. All of the sudden, I had no room for food. This baby was taking up all available space. 

Which is another point of discussion. I'm officially huge and uncomfortable (and too often, in pain and miserable). Boo. This is the worst part of pregnancy. My body fails me, and I no longer function well. It's depressing and hard and painful and sad. I love you, baby, and you're so worth it. But yeesh- it's hard. I'm not thrilled about the next couple of months where I get even bigger and even more miserable. Hopefully the holidays will offer adequate distraction. I'm going to try so, so hard not to be grumpy and ornery but to enjoy this as much as possible. After all, this is likely my last pregnancy. And my family deserves a happy Becca.

Keep growing and developing, baby. Mommy loves you. I'll buck up. You're certainly worth this.


2 comments:

  1. You're an amazing Mommy! (just for the record) On days when you don't feel like you are not remember ^. :)

    ReplyDelete