Saturday, October 26, 2013

Partying it Up First-Grade Style

James had a class Halloween party at school on Friday. It was a stressful day for me, having lots to do and things to prepare/pack for my overnight book club retreat. But James really wanted me to come. And honestly, how much longer do I have where he'll want me around so desperately? So Jolie skipped her nap, and we went. It actually worked out fine preparation-wise, and it was loads of fun to see him having so much fun and getting to participate some in said fun.

When we first got there, James' group of kids was having a turn at the cookie-decorating table. Jolie joined them...and never left. She was decorating and/or eating her yummy pumpkin cookie for the remainder of the party. It was adorable (and kept her busy and happy), so no complaints here! Silly girl.


Meanwhile, James was able to participate in the other group activities. There was a Halloween Bingo group, a story time group, a ring toss game with witches' hats, and a silly monster drawing activity. Perfect activities for a bunch of six-year-olds! They all had a lovely time. I'm glad we went.






No comments:

Post a Comment