Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Twenty-Four Weeks


Photo curtesy of Aubrey Seeholzer. Thanks, Aub!! Taken at Lagoon on 9/4/13. Our silly kids! And ugh, those calves. Must. Exercise. More (Ahem... Ever). :)

I had my 24-week appointment on Monday. It was boring and uneventful, but I think that's just fine for this stage of the game. I peed in a cup (I'm much better at that this time around--third time's a charm?), stepped on a scale, got an impromptu flu shot, listened to this little gal's heartbeat, and chatted with Dr. F. 

According to Dr. F, I've gained about 14 lbs so far. I mentioned with the other two, I gained 60 and 50 lbs respectively. He assured me that I wasn't on track to gain that much this time. I'm ravishingly hungry nowadays, though, so we'll see. My blood pressure and all that was good. 

Little C's heartbeat was good and strong and right where it should be, in the 160s. I'm measuring two weeks big, but considering I tend to do that, it is nothing they're worried about. F asked me if I had any questions or concerns, and I asked if I should. I'm pretty relaxed at this stage of the game (which is pretty fantastic, I must say). He said that no, at this point in the pregnancy it's just a wait it out game. So I'll sit tight and wait.

Something interesting I hadn't realized: my next appointment is in four weeks, after which I'll be coming in for my bi-weeklies!! What the what?! That came quickly. This baby's gonna be here before we know it!

I feel her move and squirm (and burrow-ow!) all the time now. I love it, for the most part! It's inconvenient sometimes, like when I cannot sleep because she has the hiccups and my belly's bouncing too much. But I don't mind. I love feeling her and knowing she's in there and thriving. :)

I'm starting to be unable to stand without assistance, have unending heartburn, and feel like my crotch is splitting down the middle. But I'm also starting to have the nursery all ready to go (new curtains came today! looove them) and baby clothes laundered and hung up. It's exciting! 

She will be here far too soon. Wall art, cabinet decor, and name choosing... Ready, go! :)

159.6

No comments:

Post a Comment